Summer is in full swing, and it’s that time of year for local cherries and fresh from the garden zucchini.
This is my favorite time of year…..when I can use local goodies and produce from our own garden…..
Here is a guest favorite recipe for you to try! Drop me a line and let me know what you think! Hope you will come visit us soon…..
Chocolate Cherry Zucchini Muffins (frost them and they become cupcakes….a cream cheese frosting works well)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or soured milk)
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark special cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups grated zucchini (drained)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pitted cherries, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix butter, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk.
- In another bowl, combine flour, special dark cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and stir just until combined.
- Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and cherries.
- Fill 12 large greased or lined muffin tins (I use the Texas sized muffin pan for 6).
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
Adapted from original recipe by Melissa at Food & Whine…..