Here at the Applesauce Inn B&B…..we have had many guests who are very often vegetarian or vegan, and I have created menus that work very well for them. It gets a bit more challenging when baking is a part of the daily menu, and flour is of course a major part of baking! So…..in order to have our Endless Cookie jar full of goodies for everyone to enjoy, one must be creative! I usually do my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, which are very easy and very good. But when folks are here for an extended stay, I need to have other options. So I have found this amazing Flour-less cocoa peanut chocolate chip cookie. They also are very good~ Here is the recipe, and I hope you will try them out~
Flourless cocoa peanut chocolate chip cookies
Yield : 2 dozen
• 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
• 1 cup cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon potato starch (I use Bob Red Mill’s Gluten Free Potato Starch)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 egg whites
• 1 whole egg
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa, corn starch, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk egg whites, whole egg, and vanilla.
4. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and peanuts to the batter.
5. Spoon drop batter onto baking sheets, 2-inches apart.
6. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.