We are officially snow in…..the snow around the chicken coop (The Little Applesauce Inn) is upwards of 3 feet in spots, and inside is a toasty 30 to 40 degrees. They don’t seem to mind the cold. When I open the coop door, they come running like it is spring outside, then they see the all the white and turn right back around. Just a few more weeks I tell them. They had it pretty easy this year, they were out everyday even past Christmas! So today I decided to try a new muffin recipe. I had (and always seem to have) some very ripe bananas that needed to be used. So I started looking to my recipe books, this time it was Nigella Express…..a book dedicated to Good Food, Fast! The muffin recipe I chose was for a Banana Butterscotch! They turned out amazing…..will be making more of these in the future! I hope you are tucked in safe and warm, and can try this recipe out for yourself!
Banana Butterscotch Muffins
Recipe adapted from Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson
Servings: Makes 12 muffins
– 3 very ripe bananas
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
– 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400-deg. F. Line a standard muffin tin with muffin cups.
2. Mash bananas with cinnamon and set aside.
3. Pour oil into a bowl and whisk in eggs.
4. Put flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder into a large bowl and mix in egg and oil mixture, followed by the mashed cinnamon bananas.
5. Fold in butterscotch chips and place equal quantities in the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.